| Overview | Process Diagram | On Site Photos | Spec Sheet |
The AccuDry System has been designed to give accurate and repeatable moisture measurements to ensure a consistent quality of timber drying. The AccuDry System is described below. The steps in the process correspond to the numbers in the diagram.
The steps for using the AccuDry System:
1. Two steel plates are inserted into each of the selected stacks.
2. The charge is pushed into the kiln and the probes are connected to each of the steel plates by means of a spring clip.
3. A meter on the outside of the kiln wall measures the dielectric properties of the timber between the two plates.
4. These measurements are sent to a controller where they are combined with an analytical model and converted to the moisture content of the timber between the plates.
5. The moisture content is displayed on an LCD screen.
The kiln operator monitors the drying process on the screen. The operator
can act according to the information displayed and shut down the kiln at
the desired moisture content.